Wednesday 9 May 2012

For lack of a better word

This may sound rather silly, but I'm usually a little lost for words when people ask me to describe what type of photographs I take. Despite knowing exactly what type of photo's I enjoy taking, and them all having quite a similar style (in my opinion!)For some reason I can't find that one word, to perfectly fit. Maybe that's a good thing?  


So to those of you who don't know; I like to photograph the banal (for lack of a better word!) of the everyday, and attempt to make the simple pleasures in life beautiful. Sourcing influence from all areas of my life, whether that's being inspired by a late night conversation with a friend and drinking endless amounts of tea, or an exhibition, or a character in a book. I hope I sometimes manage to achieve images where, time seems to stand still, creating a brief pause for our hectic lives.  


So let me know, if you have any bright ideas, or more suitable words to describe my allusive narratives! But most of all I hope you enjoy them and keep on following.


Sorry about the long one.


Emily x

2 comments:

  1. I don't know how I could describe them, but I'm sure it'll come by time :) following you now. please follow me back if you liked my blog.
    xxx,
    Betül

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super blog! Bisous:)
    Angela Donava

    ReplyDelete