Monday 30 July 2012

Banksy vs Blanksy

Finding myself back in Bristol after the joyful independence, Southampton was so generous in providing me with. I've found myself, (dare I say it) comparing the two. 

Although on paper, Bristol may seem like the bees knees, I think Southampton may have more to offer than first meets the eye....

So I put my hands up and admit, I've always been the first to announce, Southampton's lack of aesthetically pleasing architecture. It's absence of individual coffee shops and boutiques, which Bristol seems to house in abundance. 

However 3 years served me well and if there's something I've learnt in the last couple of weeks, it's that the absence of good friends and liberal independence, can easily make a city strikingly more bland. Even if the architecture is top notch!

So I've decided to share with you, a few of my favourite nooks and crannies, from the 'famous' Southampton.



A tad ironic?


Emily x

No comments:

Post a Comment